Drawing a line between what is right and what is wrong is the responsibility by parents to their children. This also goes with what type of movies and television shows the children should watch and what are not. But more importantly, the responsibility of choosing the right kids games solely relies to the parents. Since kids would want to play, play, and play some more, providing them with toys and kids gadgets are essential. And while studies suggest children who play more are healthier than those who do not, it does not give children the freedom to play any type of game they like.
As we live in the digital world, children are introduced with video consoles that would probably eat more of their time than their studies do. And protecting them from unfit games at their age becomes more difficult than before. And to make sure you provide them with the right kids games, consulting the ESRB should be help you decide.
Also Read: Review Zakletá jeskyně
To know the type of video games that are proper for your child, consulting the ESRB rating is a wise choice. You can see the ESRD rating printed at every video game covers. Knowing the meaning of every initial is essential.
There are 7 ratings assigned by the ESRD or the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. Here are those:
- EC or Early Children. The games with this rating are suitable for children age 3 years and below to play. Such games have no content that could be dangerous to a developing child.
- E or Everyone. Everyone here means the age bracket of 6 years and above. The type of games with this rating contains minimal violence with occasional use of mild language.
- E10+ or Everyone 10 years and older. Games with this rating are suggested for children 10 years and older and contain cartoon, mild violence or fantasy, and use of mild language.
- T or Teen. For children 13 years and older do T rated games are suited. These types of games involve more violence, minimal blood, use of strong words, and crude humor.
- M or Mature. Games with these rating are suited for ages 17 years old and up. Mature games are not for kids for it have graphic display of violence, sexual content, blood and gore, and use of strong language.
- AO or Adults Only. Games with this rating should not be played by kids. It is intended for adult players for it displays frequent blood and gore, violence, use of strong words, and graphic display of sexual content including nudity.
RP or Rated Pending. This rating is given to games waiting for final rating.
Kids games should only limit to video games with EC, E, and perhaps E10+ ratings. Any games without these ratings should be avoided. If you have games you think inappropriate to their age, put it in areas where they cannot access it. Playing the right games for kids must be imposed at all times. This will ensure that they get the right games with respect to their age.
Also Read: Synopsis Rakeťák (2022)
Kids games let your children enjoy their playing time at the same time providing them with entertainment and venue for learning. And with kids games around, you are secured to leave them in front of their consoles alone without worrying so much of the content of the games.