Jonathan Majors made headlines on March 25 when he was arrested following an alleged domestic violence dispute.
“A preliminary investigation has determined that a 33-year-old man was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman,” the New York Police Department said in a statement. Variety at the time, noting that Majors was identified in the report as the attacker. “The victim informed police that she had been assaulted. Officers took the 33-year-old man into custody without incident. The victim suffered minor head and neck injuries and was transported to a local hospital in stable condition.”
THE Creed III The actor, for his part, denied the allegations the same day. “He did nothing wrong,” a Majors spokesperson told CNN in a March 25 statement. “We look forward to clearing his name and clearing that up.”
While Majors was released after several hours in police custody, the assault allegations quickly marred the actor’s career. On March 26, his advertising campaign with the U.S. military was halted due to negative press.
“The U.S. military is aware of Jonathan Majors’ arrest and we are deeply concerned about the allegations surrounding his arrest,” the Army Enterprise Marketing Office’s public affairs chief said. Laura DeFrancisco confirmed in a statement to Variety. “We recently published two advertisements in which Mr. Majors appears. Although Mr. Majors is innocent until proven guilty, caution dictates that we are withdrawing our advertisements until the investigation into these allegations is complete.
Three months later, Majors reportedly filed a countersuit against his alleged victim. He claimed in court documents obtained by Initiated on June 26, that the woman caused him pain and caused him to bleed during the alleged March incident.
In his filing, Majors confessed to physically grabbing the alleged victim and putting him in the car they were driving. However, he claimed to have moved it to protect it from oncoming traffic.
He then alleged that she “grabbed his face, coat and phone” as the fight spilled out into the street, according to the incident report obtained by Initiated. “I was afraid she would be injured by traffic. So I physically picked her up and put her in the car,” the report said.
Scroll down for more on Majors’ ongoing legal drama:
Majors was arrested in New York on March 25 for allegedly assaulting a 30-year-old woman. According to the New York Police Department report, the assailant, who has been identified as a major, could be charged with strangulation, assault and harassment based on the victim’s injuries and his account of the incident. alleged incident. After his arrest, Majors’ representative publicly denied the allegations.
Three days after his arrest, Majors was arraigned and charged with assault and harassment. During the incident, the Lovecraft Country The actor allegedly punched the accuser “with an open hand, causing her significant pain and a laceration behind her ear” and “placed his hand on her neck, causing bruising and significant pain,” CNN reported on the 28th. March.
lawyer of the majors, Priya Choudharysaid at the time that she expected the charges to be dropped as there are “two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations”.
The Emmy nominee was dropped by talent manager Entertainment 360, Deadline reported April 17. The change in representation came shortly after public relations firm The Lede Company severed ties with Majors in late March amid the scandal.
Additionally, Majors and Valentino “mutually agreed” that the Marvel star would not be attending the Met Gala in May as a guest of the fashion house, per Deadline.
Majors reportedly met with law enforcement on June 20 after an appearance in Manhattan Criminal Court, according to Initiated. During his meeting, the Dedication The actor filed a domestic violence incident report with the Chinatown precinct according to the outlet.
In his own court filing, Majors claimed a “drunken and hysterical” woman harmed him during their alleged encounter in March. He also alleged in the complaint that the woman had previously attacked him in other alleged incidents, but noted that he chose not to file a report documenting those incidents. Additionally, Majors accused the woman of stealing her phone and spending between $6,000 and $7,000 on her credit card after the altercation.
During his June 20 court appearance, a judge set a trial date for August 3 and ordered Majors to keep his distance from the alleged victim.
Sign up for Us Weekly’s free daily newsletter and never miss the latest news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 for confidential support. If you have been sexually assaulted, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 for confidential support.