Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive compensation for certain links to products and services.
If you want to show off your figure, choosing fitted pieces is the way to go, but just because something fits snugly doesn’t mean it’s the most flattering. We actually find that some looser styles build more confidence, but you need to know what details to look for.
You can opt for looser dresses that have the right neckline to slim your overall figure – or have some sort of waist-cinching detail to create a figure-flattering silhouette. The same goes for tops, bottoms and rompers! It takes the right eye to know which baggy styles to choose for summer, and we have some expertise in the area. To help you out, we’ve curated a collection of the best pieces for summer that are loose, comfortable and can give you a sleek, streamlined look. Check them all out below!
1. Whether you want to wear this Treasure & Bond tunic top or tuck it into your bottom, it’s a solid basic you can rely on all season long — $55 in Nordstrom!
2. The drawstring on this CiCiBird Short Sleeve Button Up Top creates an extra slimming peplum fit — $27 at Amazon!
3. This adorable little top Remidoo also has a peplum vibe, but it has a shorter cropped hem – from $27 on Amazon!
4. A must-have top for summer is an oversized button-up classic like this one from Dokotoo which can be styled in many different ways – from $34 on Amazon!
5. This knit vest from Meihuida is interesting because it has a relaxed fit, but it still shows off the skin in a nice way – $20 at Amazon!
6. Wear this sheer mesh short sleeve t-shirt from WDIRARA on a crop top and high-waisted shorts and you’re in business — $33 at Amazon!
7. Dresses with an A-line silhouette are always flattering, even when cut in a looser fit like this linen midi dress — $89 in Nordstrom!
8. Although this Caslon shirt dress is quite flowy, there is a tie detail at the waist that cinches you a little – $89 in Nordstrom!
9. Keep your look simple and classic in this light-as-air DKNY linen maxi dress — $115 in Nordstrom!
ten. Show off your legs in this adorable mini shirt dress from Free People that has an effortlessly feminine vibe – $108 in Nordstrom!
11. This Treasure & Bond knit maxi dress is the best example of a looser style that seriously slims – $39 in Nordstrom!
Rompers and Jumpsuits
12. This cropped Topshop romper is so baggy it almost looks like a mini dress – but the elastic detailing still provides a flattering silhouette – originally $68, now $58 in Nordstrom!
13. We’re really in love with the design of this Lucky Brand jumpsuit that looks more like a top and wide leg pants combo than a one-piece — $139 in Nordstrom!
14. With looser rompers you want to look for a waist-cinching detail like the tie belt that comes with this Fraiche by J style – $99 in Nordstrom!
Pants and Denim
15. When it’s particularly hot outside, wear these lightweight wide leg pants from Rip Curl which have airy lace detailing on the sides – $70 in Nordstrom!
16. Billabong’s wide-leg jeans are balanced and ultra-slimming thanks to their high-waisted slim fit — $90 in Nordstrom!
17. The looser fit around the thighs of these AGOLDE high waisted shorts can actually lengthen your legs — $138 in Nordstrom!
18. Reviewers say these linen pants from Open Edit are comfy and make the waistline look tiny – $69 in Nordstrom!
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these articles on related products below:
Discover more of our choices and offers here!
This article is brought to you by the Shop With Us team at Us Weekly. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services that our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding guest outfits, handbags, plus size swimwear, women’s sneakers , bridal wear and the perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. The selection of products and services, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement of Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team can receive products from manufacturers for free to test. Additionally, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not determine our decision as to whether a product or service is featured or recommended or not. Shop With Us operates independently of the advertising sales team. We appreciate your feedback at [email protected]. Good shopping!